Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The beautiful end

Folks, it's over, there's no more, this is the end. This blog has reached it's final post. What happens is, I have to paint, is what happens. So I really can't spend my time posting thoughtful thoughts and fun stories on line because I'm not painting instead what I should be painting instead. And don't try to convince me otherwise because the truth is that I don't have anything else to say. At least at this point, for the time being, as things stand and things being what they are. I've had my say, and I'm going to paint.

That said, this end is not actually final. I may write more, from time to time if, for some reason, at some point, I find within me something that I absolutely must express. But believe me when I say that I have for some time now stopped asking myself what do I also want to say. The chances are not fat. It's been a lot of fun, and I wish to thank all of ya'll who followed this and commented and such. Farewell.

Size: 2.75" x 3.5"
Year: 2007
Media: Watercolor
Price: Part of a larger piece. Not sold separately.

7 comments:

EAGEAGEAG said...

Are you going to make me look bad and really quit when you say you are going to? Yes there isn't much free time available to parents of young children. I hope that you manage to post images of your new work when and if they become available. It would be great to see what you are making in the present. Thank you for posting your images and words.

Luis Coig Reyes said...

Thanks, EAG. I'm really done. At least for now. I'll post what I'm making now when it's done, but I have to make it first. Blogging is taking too much time from painting.

EAGEAGEAG said...

Good move. Stick with the plan. Best of luck.

EAGEAGEAG said...

The blue lines are great. And I like what you did with complimentary colors.

EAGEAGEAG said...

I hope the painting is going well Luis. Your cyber friends miss you.

Luis Coig Reyes said...

Painting is going better, but not what I'd call well. How does one develop to that stage, that level of mastery when your work is indisputably awesome? Anything before that can be considered mere training. I think I'll be in training for still quite some time.

I don't know who misses me aside from you, EAG.
Nobody has said anything to that effect. But that's alright. I wasn't doing this to win fans.

Luis Coig Reyes said...

Someone tried to spam me with some winter allergies crap, so now I've added comment moderation to this ended blog.